Krestinina Serafima Aleksandrovna was born on June 10, 1921 in the city of Kozlov in the family of a worker of a steam locomotive repair plant and a housewife. She studied at school number 50 (now number 18), and later successfully graduated from medical school and received the profession of a nurse.
After completing her studies, she left for the Primorsky Territory, where she later met her future husband, Rudenko Vasily Ignatievich.
From 1938 she worked as a midwife at the Kirov women’s and children’s consultation, and later was transferred to the maternity ward. In May 1940, she resigned of her own free will and returned to her hometown. From May 1941 she worked as a nurse in the Michurinsk children’s clinic.
On June 22, 1941, the Great Patriotic War began. Most of the country was drafted to the front, and Serafima Alexandrovna was no exception. In connection with the outbreak of hostilities, she was released from work and mobilized in the Red Army (Workers ‘and Peasants’ Red Army).
Krestinina Serafima Aleksandrovna gave her debt to the Motherland in the evacuation hospital 5956. There she worked as a ward nurse. The best buildings were allocated for hospitals: schools Nos. 1, 6, 18, 48; pedagogical and fruit and vegetable institutes. In early July 1941, they received the first wounded.
In the first year of the war, more than half of the personnel of the health care facilities in the city of Michurinsk went to the active army and evacuation hospitals. The city’s medical workers have organized a hospital base capable of receiving and returning thousands of wounded to service. This task was accomplished with flying colors. The first stage of hospitals (No. 5955, No. 5898, No. 5956, No. 1111) was formed in the shortest possible time. Already on July 4, 1941, doctors, nurses and junior medical personnel helped the wounded in them selflessly, sometimes without sleep or rest. It was their labor that ensured the return to service of up to 92% of the wounded who entered them.
Every day they had to take several medical trains with the wounded, do everything possible, and sometimes impossible to alleviate their suffering and then return to the active army.
Nurses had to constantly monitor each wounded and carry out all medical appointments for their speedy recovery. Their responsibilities included blood transfusions, saline administration, medication administration, and more. It was the nurses who equipped the soldiers sent on the road and bore no less responsibility for their well-being than the doctors.
On April 30, 1945, gratitude was announced to Serafima Aleksandrovna for excellent performance in the work of the evacuation hospital 5956, and on January 31, 1946, by the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR of May 9, 1945, she was awarded the medal “For Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945.” …
She was also awarded the Order of the Patriotic War, II degree (presented for the award on April 6, 1985).
On May 9, 1945, the Great Patriotic War ended, and life gradually returned to its former course.
Serafima Alexandrovna remained faithful to medicine. After the end of the war, from 1948 to 1989, she conscientiously worked in medical institutions in the city of Michurinsk. This is evidenced by the entries in the work book.
In 1948, she was a nurse at the Michurinsk Children’s Clinic (this year the city polyclinic, the children’s clinic and the children’s polyclinic were joined to the Michurinsk City Hospital);
In 1952, another hospital was opened – the 2nd city hospital, into which children’s and women’s consultations, a dairy kitchen and a children’s clinic were transferred from the 1st. She was transferred to this institution in April of the same year for further work.
From January 1952 until her retirement she worked as a nurse in the children’s polyclinic of the Department Hospital of Art. Michurinsk of the Moscow-Ryazan railway.
She has worked as a nurse all her life. Thanks to her work and conscientiousness during the war, she saved hundreds of thousands of lives and helped the soldiers return to duty. She was an active participant in the donor movement, for which on July 28, 1976 she was awarded the title of “Honorary Donor of the USSR”.
Serafima Aleksandrovna, together with her husband Vasily Ignatievich, raised three children, each of whom, undoubtedly, can be proud of. Two daughters, Zhanna and Yulia, followed in their father’s footsteps and became famous teachers of chemistry in the city, honored teachers of the Russian Federation. His son, Vladimir, chose the path of medicine: he graduated from the university in Moscow and subsequently became an honored doctor of the Russian Federation.
The grandmother died on April 15, 2003. She was buried in Michurinsk, Tambov region, together with her husband and faithful companion of Rudenko Vasily Ignatievich.
Rudenko Vasily Ignatievich, Honored Teacher of the RSFSR School.
Vasily Rudenko, my future grandfather, was born on January 11, 1920 in the village of Afanasyevka, Kirovsky District, Primorsky Territory.
Graduated from the Spassk Pedagogical School in 1936, the Irkutsk Aviation Technical School in 1941.
During the Great Patriotic War, he was at party work in the tank formations of the South-Western, Stalingrad, Bryansk, 1st Belorussian fronts.
Entered service: March 3, 1939. Place of call: Kirovsky RVK, Ussuriysk region, Kirovsky district. Military ranks: Guard Senior Lieutenant; guard captain; captain.
He served in a military unit (VU, Stalingrad Brigade District, Air Defense, 162 Guards Tank B-n 16 Mehd) with the rank of captain.
End of service: May 1947.
12/22/1942 Medal “For the Defense of Stalingrad”.
05/01/1944 Medal “For the Defense of the Caucasus”.
08/10/1944 Order of the Red Star.
04/09/1945 Order of the Patriotic War, 1st degree.
05/09/1945 Medal “For the victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945.”
In the post-war years:
In 1946-1947. studied at the highest military-political courses.
From 1947 he worked in the Michurinsky City Committee of the All-Union Communist Party of Bolsheviks as an instructor in the agitation and propaganda department.
In 1952 he graduated from the Tambov Soviet Communist Party School, in 1959 – the Higher Party School under the Central Committee of the CPSU (Moscow).
From 1952 he worked in the Michurinsky State Committee of the CPSU as secretary for ideology.
On his initiative, a 40-hectare Friendship Park was laid on the left bank of the Lesnoy Voronezh River, and the Michurin Drama Theater was overhauled.
In 1962 he was appointed director of Michurinsk secondary school No. 1.
Under the leadership of V. Rudenko, the first school workshops in the Tambov region appeared, a gym, a swimming pool with heated water, and also established patronage relations with the staff of the plant. Lenin.
This and many other things allowed secondary school No. 1 to receive the title of exemplary school.
It was on the initiative of V.I. Rudenko, a memorial plaque to the poet Vasily Kubanev was opened at secondary school No. 1.
Honored teacher of the RSFSR school.
He was repeatedly elected a deputy of the Michurinsky City Council of People’s Deputies.
He died on April 7, 1992, was buried in Michurinsk, Tambov region.